Head of Fundraising
£46,000 – £55,000
Imperial College, Hammersmith Hospital, London W12 0NN
Genesis Research Trust, founded by Lord Professor Robert Winston in 1978, funds life-saving research into female infertility, miscarriage, late pregnancy loss, preterm labour and stillbirth. We are based in the Institute of Reproductive and Developmental Biology (IRDB) in Hammersmith and have strong ties to the Faculty of Medicine at Imperial College London, the largest collaboration of reproductive health researchers in the UK. We are a unique charity, positioned right at the heart of original, cutting-edge and up-to-date medical research, and servicing our extensive public community who have struggled and continue to struggle with infertility issues.
As part of the senior management team within this small friendly charity you will be responsible for the development and implementation of the fundraising and communications strategy. Central to this will be the production of annual fundraising plans including budgets and financial targets, and the development of a sustainable major donor programme.
This is a great opportunity to join. Why?
– Our IRDB building is about to celebrate its 20th anniversary
– We have more than doubled staff numbers in the last 12 months as part of our ambitious growth
– Our trustees are highly involved in our projects and strongly support our fundraising goals
– We run several successful events each year, including sports challenges, dinner receptions and conferences
– Our social media influence is expanding its reach
– Scientifically, we are consistently on the cusp of breakthroughs and have a strong track record of success
– We regularly welcome new major donors, trusts and other avenues of income
The successful candidate will have a track record of strategic fundraising at a senior level and experience of securing substantial income with major donors. You will need first rate persuasion and negotiation skills, coupled with an innovative approach to your work in order to be successful in this post.
Not only are we looking for someone who is ambitious for themselves, their team, and the wider charity, but also for our many beneficiaries i.e. women and their families that our work helps through vital medical research.
In short, this will be a great platform for a dynamic senior manager who enjoys being creative, strategic as well as hands-on. This is a role for someone who likes to develop and deliver fundraising and profile raising initiatives in a timely manner. This role will have a significant impact on our activities and play a vital role in our development as a charity helping save babies lives.
Please see full Job Description
How to Apply
To apply please send your CV and personal statement addressing the personal specification to:
Closing Date: Monday 19/10/2019