My wife has had a tube removed and has a badly blocked tube due to having a burst appendix as a child. We have already had one failed try using IVF. We are currently deciding whether or not to have another go at IVF but we are unsure whether it would be better to have the remaining tube removed or clipped first as current waiting lists are 1 year long. Would you have any advice or know of any other possible treatments? R
There is no advantages in having the remaining tube clipped or removed in almost all women who are seeking IVF with damaged tubes. Unless there is clear evidence of a fluid discharge from the tube (which is really uncommon) I see no point in undertaking this treatment.